21 November 2018
Sydney and Melbourne
Australasian Life Underwriting and Claims Association Inc. (ALUCA)
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Download Notice of AGM here
Notice is given that the Annual General Meeting of members of the Australasian Life Underwriting and Claims Association (ALUCA) Incorporated will be held on Wednesday, 21 November 2018 at 11:00am (AEDT).
- NSW – RGA, Grosvenor Place, Level 23, 225 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- VIC – TurksLegal, The Rialto Towers, Level 8, South Tower, 525 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
- Welcome, Apologies & Proxies Download Proxy Form here
- Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 15 November 2017 Download the minutes here
- Minutes of the Special General Meeting held on 15 November 2017 Download the minutes here
- Minutes of the Special General Meeting held on 14 March 2018 Download the minutes here
- Chair’s Report – Jim Welsh – To be presented at the meeting.
- Chief Executive Officer’s Report – Amanda McKernan – To be presented at the meeting.
- Financial Report for financial year ended 30 June 2018 – Monique Luu – Download the report here
Resolution: To accept and approve the audited financial statements and lodge with Registrar Associations as required by Section 102 of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012.
- Proposed ALUCA special resolution rule changes Download the Special Resolution & FAQ here
To consider and, if thought fit, to pass, with or without modification, the following special resolutions
Special Resolution 1: Branches/ Sub Groups
That clause 69 becomes 69.1 and 2 other clauses are added:
69.2 Responsibilities and powers of an ALUCA Sub Group Committee and a Sub Group Chair are governed by the ALUCA Board and set out in the policies and procedures that govern the sub-group.
69.3 The funds and other property of the Sub Group belong to the Association and are subject to the control of the Board.
Special Resolution 2: Public Statements
That a new clause is created – clause 70, 70.1 and 70.2 for Public Statements.
70. Public Statements
70.1 The Board may by resolution authorise an office-bearer, the Chief Executive Officer or other person to make public statements on behalf of the Association.
70.2 No person may make any public statement on behalf of the Association unless authorised by the Board.
- Election of Members of the Board – Download Board Roles & Director Nomination form
- Any other business
Dated: 29 October 2018
By Order of the Board
Chantelle Everett- Secretary, ALUCA