ALUCA’s Life Membership Award is the highest honour the Association bestows. The Award recognises exceptional individuals who have contributed extensively to ALUCA, achieving outstanding feats over their lifetime that have led to the advancement of Life Insurance professionals and the industry’s longevity.
These prestigious accolades are only awarded when a deserving candidate or candidates can demonstrate they meet ALUCA’s key criteria for life membership. Nominations are sought biennially.
ENTITLEMENTS OF LIFE MEMBERSHIP
Recipients of the ALUCA Life Membership Award receive;
· Full ALUCA Membership for life, with the annual membership fee permanently waived.
· A complimentary invite as guest of honour to ALUCA’s Biennial Conference for the year they receive their Life Membership, along with reasonable travel* and accommodation allowance as deemed by ALUCA’s Board.
· Complimentary invites to ALUCA end of year functions.
· Recognition on the ALUCA Life Member Honour Roll – published on the ALUCA website in the Members Centre, and in the ALUCA Annual Report.
The ALUCA Board will call for nominations on a bi-annual basis in August/September every 2 years. This call will be made a year prior to ALUCA’s biennial conference, so that a thorough appraisal of the nomination(s) can be conducted. Nominations for 2022 must be received by the ALUCA Secretariat no later than 5.00 pm (AEST) Friday, 30th September 2022 .
Nominations may be made by two or more financial ALUCA Members. The nominee must be a financial CPLI Member of ALUCA. Nominations must be made via the Life Membership Nomination Form, accompanied by a brief statement (up to two A4 pages) on the attributes and activities of the nominee that addresses the 3 Key Life Membership Criteria.
The completed Life Membership Nomination Form, together with supporting document, must be submitted to the ALUCA Secretariat Officer by the closing date. The ALUCA Board will consider nominations on an individual basis, and where appropriate, approve the award of Life Membership. Should a vote be necessary to determine whether Life Membership is granted, a two thirds majority of Board members will be required.
The criteria for ALUCA Life Membership were reviewed and approved by the ALUCA Board in July 2022 and is detailed below:
- Nominee must be a financial Member of ALUCA
- Nominations must be made by two or more financial ALUCA Members
- Nominee is a CPLI accredited member of ALUCA
- Nominations should be made on the Life Membership Nomination form and address the 3 key criteria
- Nominees will be assessed on the length of their active volunteering involvement and activities for ALUCA whilst a financial member which must be for a significant amount of time. While there is no ‘minimum’ period of membership, a period of at least ten (10)+ years active membership is an indicator of a long term commitment
- The nominee should be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to the core activities of ALUCA over most of those years of membership. This may include:
– has rendered outstanding and significant contributions while holding positions on either the ALUCA Board, ALUCA Subgroups or working groups/committees
– has enhanced the status/standing of the life insurance industry specific to life insurance claims, underwriting or rehabilitation professions, or group super – has made a highly distinguished and recognized contribution and impact to the life insurance industry over a substantial number of years.
NOMINATIONS FOR LIFE MEMBERSHIP – 2022
Members requiring further information on Life Membership should contact the ALUCA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Member Nomination submission: Email to email@example.com enclosing the signed, scanned Nomination Form and brief statement in PDF format. Nominations for 2022 must be received by the ALUCA Secretariat no later than 5.00 pm (AEST) Friday, 30th September 2022 .