WHY UPGRADE YOUR ALUCA MEMBERSHIP?
Achieving Certified Professional Life Insurance membership status signifies to employers that you are a qualified professional underwriter, or claims or rehabilitation professional recognised by your peers for your life insurance experience, business, technical and specialist competencies and formal qualifications. It also shows your commitment to your ongoing professional development.
CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL LIFE INSURANCE MEMBER BENEFITS
- Strengthens the careers and professionalism of accredited members
- Provides an objective means for distinguishing individuals who can meet recognised professional standards
- Strengthens the industry’s reputation with business and the community
- Helps with building competencies with continuous learning.
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR ALUCA MEMBERSHIP TO ACHIEVE CPLI STATUS?
- To apply for ALUCA Certified Professional Life Insurance membership status you must be a life insurance underwriter and/or claims manager/ and or rehabilitation expert and:
- Possess a minimum of 2+ years life insurance experience, with at least 2 years of those practising in Australia,
- Have relevant educational qualifications specific to the accredited level you are applying for, check the list here to see which courses you’ve completed and add up the points you’ve already earned, and
- Underwriting/claims/rehab authority levels.
2. Select the higher level membership category below which best matches your education and the years you have in life insurance.
UPGRADE HERE – EXISTING MEMBERS:
UPGRADE HERE – NEW MEMBERS
HIGHER ALUCA MEMBERSHIP LEVELS : CPLI STATUS
|Accredited Level||Education Points Required||Years in Life Insurance Required*||Capability Framework Level|
|Affiliate CPLI||1 to 3 points||2 to 4 yrs||Level 1 - 2: Core|
|Associate CPLI||4 to 7 points||5 to 9 yrs||Level 2 -3: Core to Advanced|
|Associate Fellow CPLI||8+ points||10+ yrs||Level 3 -4: Advanced to Expert|
|Fellow CPLI||8+ points & a published paper re life insurance||15+yrs||Level 4: Expert|
* Please note this is specific to Life insurance not general insurance, workers compensation or other areas.
3. Complete the relevant application form below which must be signed by your manager (if you are a service provider you will need endorsement from a client in Life Insurance to verify time spent working in Life Insurance). You must include supporting paperwork and pay the correct membership and admin fees (see fees below). Note that memberships are for the calendar year.
ALUCA CPLI MEMBERSHIP FEES
|Post nominal: CPLI Certified Professional - Life Insurance||ANNUAL FEE + GST||JOINING/ADMIN FEE + GST||GST||TOTAL $A|
|AFFILIATE (Aff CPLI)||$125 + GST||$75 + GST||$20||$220|
|ASSOCIATE (Assoc CPLI)||$130 + GST||$75 + GST||$20.50||$225.50|
|ASSOCIATE FELLOW (Assoc Fellow CPLI)||$140 + GST||$75 + GST||$21.50||$236.50|
|FELLOW (Fellow CPLI)||$150 + GST||$75 + GST||$22.50||$247.50|
* An application fee of $75 for all CPLI memberships will be charged for all new members and lapsed members who re-apply for membership after their membership has expired for 12 months or more.
** CPLI members will be required to keep a log of their CPD and achieve 35 points of CPD per year to maintain their membership levels. Please read more about this here .
4. For all new members your application will be processed at an ordinary member level and existing members will remain at their current level whilst your application is being processed. You will be advised of the application outcome by the Secretariat Officer. If the criteria was not met you will also be notified as to why and will be reimbursed the difference in membership fees. Please find further information here .