How to upgrade your ALUCA membership
1. If you are an existing ALUCA member and you have achieved further educational qualifications, check the list here to see which courses you’ve completed and add up the points you’ve already earned. Note alternative accredited course chart for rehabilitation professionals working in life insurance, if applicable.
2. Select the membership category below which matches the years you have in life insurance and your educational qualifications plus provide your underwriting and claims $ authority levels on the higher grade membership application form. Provide documentation on your educational qualifications.
|Category||Education Points||Years in Life Insurance|
* Must be studying full time at an educational institution and provide proof of this.
3. Pay your membership fees (2017 fees below). Note that memberships are for the calendar year and applications made after July 1 will be calculated pro rata.
|Category||Membership fees ex GST||Membership Fees + GST||Joining Fee: new or lapsed members ex GST*|
* An application fee of $50 except for full-time students(+$5 GST for Australian residents) will be charged for all new members and lapsed members who re-apply for membership after their membership has expired for 12 months or more.
** Associate Fellow and Fellow members will be required to keep a log of their CPD and achieve 30 hours of CPD per year to maintain their membership levels. Please read more about this here .
4. Wait for approval of your application. A basic membership is automatic, but all higher categories require documentation of qualifications and underwriting /claims authority levels signed by your Manager. Further information here .
Please note full time students can only apply for student membership and must provide documentation to provide evidence of their full-time student status.