WHY UPGRADE YOUR ALUCA MEMBERSHIP?
Achieving Certified Professional Life Insurance membership status signifies to employers that you are a qualified professional underwriter, or claims or rehabilitation professional recognised by your peers for your life insurance experience, business, technical and specialist competencies and formal qualifications. It also shows your commitment to your ongoing professional development.
View this short presentation
CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL LIFE INSURANCE MEMBER BENEFITS
- Strengthens the careers and professionalism of accredited members
- Provides an objective means for distinguishing individuals who can meet recognised professional standards
- Strengthens the industry’s reputation with business and the community
- Helps with building competencies with continuous learning.
HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR ALUCA MEMBERSHIP TO ACHIEVE CPLI STATUS?
- To apply for ALUCA Certified Professional Life Insurance membership status you must be a life insurance underwriter and/or claims manager/ and or rehabilitation expert and:
- Possess a minimum of 2+ years life insurance experience, with at least 2 years of those practising in Australia,
- Have relevant educational qualifications specific to the accredited level you are applying for, check the list here to see which courses you’ve completed and add up the points you’ve already earned, and
- Underwriting/claims/rehab authority levels.
2. Select the higher level membership category below which best matches your education and the years you have in life insurance.
HIGHER ALUCA MEMBERSHIP LEVELS : CPLI STATUS
|Membership Level||Education Points Required for accredited CPLI membership||BOX A|
Mark box for level achieved
|Years in Life Insurance as|
|Capability Framework Level as U/writer/Claims/Rehab||BOX B|
Mark box for level achieved
|BOX C **
Results: Box A + B
take the lowest score
|Member||0||1 to 2 yrs||Level 1: Trainee/Emerging|
|Accredited CPLI Level|
|Affiliate CPLI||1 to 3 points||2 to 4 yrs||Level 1 - 2: Core|
|Associate CPLI||4 to 7 points||x||5 to 9 yrs||Level 2 -3: Core to Advanced||This is the level you can apply for|
|Associate Fellow CPLI||8+ points||10+ yrs||Level 3 -4: Advanced to Expert||x|
|Fellow CPLI||9+ points + paper*||15+yrs||Level 4: Expert|
Please note this is specific to Life insurance not general insurance, workers compensation or other areas.
*Fellow Paper– A paper that is published externally to your employer and must be solely authored by the person. The paper needs to include relevant evidence-based external support/external research/data, analysis and citations- not just an article that is the opinion of the author.
CPLI Level you can apply for: You need to gain both education points and years within the life industry. The lesser of either education points achieved or years within life insurance is the CPLI level that you can apply for.
HOW IT WORKS: ACCREDITATION: POINTS FOR EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS TABLE EXPLANATION
Please note that education points are awarded for each course based on The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) aqf.edu.au/ as our guide in addition to ALUCA’s life insurance competency framework. The AQF regulates all Australian qualifications and officially defines the level of education that each qualification title represents (aqf.edu.au/). Essentially showing the number of years spent studying for a course, the level of the award course and the competencies/curriculum studied ie. Cert IV, Diploma, Grad Diploma, Degree, Masters etc.
Award courses all have formal testing of the course content and or competencies. Those courses with specific life insurance industry focus are given greater weighting. Other courses that have been assessed by ALUCA which provide formal testing of competencies at the end of the course will also count, these include G&T Risk Management’s full Underwriting course (equivalent to diploma level), some insurer courses as listed below and Sydney Eye Hospital’s medical terminology course.
Reinsurer courses and other short courses that do not have formalised testing or an assessment process or framework to test competency or curriculum at the end of any module do not qualify for education points but do qualify for continuous professional development points. However, ALUCA’s Board, Education Director and Education committee/panel will also determine whether a specific program could be accepted if it can be proven to meet ALUCA’s competency framework standards. These will be treated on a case by case basis and up to the individual to provide proof and the links to their competencies.
3. Complete the relevant application form below which must be signed by your manager (if you are a service provider you will need endorsement from a client in Life Insurance to verify time spent working in Life Insurance). You must include supporting paperwork and pay the correct membership and admin fees (see fees below). Note that memberships are for the calendar year.
ALUCA CPLI MEMBERSHIP FEES
|Post nominal: CPLI Certified Professional - Life Insurance||ANNUAL FEE + GST||JOINING/ADMIN FEE + GST||GST||TOTAL $A|
|AFFILIATE (Aff CPLI)||$125 + GST||$75 + GST||$20||$220|
|ASSOCIATE (Assoc CPLI)||$130 + GST||$75 + GST||$20.50||$225.50|
|ASSOCIATE FELLOW (Assoc Fellow CPLI)||$140 + GST||$75 + GST||$21.50||$236.50|
|FELLOW (Fellow CPLI)||$150 + GST||$75 + GST||$22.50||$247.50|
* An application fee of $75 for all CPLI memberships will be charged for all new members and lapsed members who re-apply for membership after their membership has expired for 12 months or more.
** CPLI members will be required to keep a log of their CPD and achieve 35 points of CPD per year to maintain their membership levels. Please read more about this here .
4. For all new members your application will be processed at an ordinary member level and existing members will remain at their current level whilst your application is being processed. You will be advised of the application outcome by the Secretariat Officer. If the criteria was not met you will also be notified as to why and will be reimbursed the difference in membership fees. Please find further information here .