ALUCA’s Certified Professional Life insurance (CPLI) members are required to achieve a minimum of 35 points across ALUCA’s continuing professional development categories to maintain accreditation. You can read about this in more detail in ALUCA’s CPLI brochure here.
CPLI MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
For all CPLI accredited memberships ie those higher than ‘Member’ level, you will need to apply on an ALUCA accreditation application form with copies of educational qualifications, and a current resume to support the application – signed by your Manager as well as providing proof of the time you have spent in the life insurance industry.
JOIN HERE: CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL LIFE INSURANCE MEMBERSHIP
- Application form to upgrade to accredited ALUCA membership for existing members.
- Application form for accredited ALUCA membership for new members.
CPLI TIMEFRAME AND NEXT STEPS
- Once you have completed the relevant application form with all supporting paperwork and signatures, this can then be sent to ALUCA’s secretariat at: email@example.com
- All applications will then be sent to ALUCA’s CEO and other members of the Board for their consideration. An ALUCA education panel meet quarterly to consider all pending applications. This can take up to 3 months.
- For new members we will process higher level membership applications at ordinary membership level so you can take full advantage of ALUCA’s many membership benefits.
- Current members will remain at their existing level until their application has been approved at the higher level.
NB: Please note that the criteria for the membership categories may also be altered by the Board in future. The Board will accept, as relevant, degrees such as medical, actuarial, legal, accounting etc. A list of accepted qualifications will be maintained and is published on this website and can also be found on the above application forms for accredited membership.
|G&T Risk Management||Trainee UW Program||3|
|Appropriate Hospital or Provider||Medical Terminology||1|
|Reinsurer or Insurer||Approved Training Program||3|
|Personal Injury Education Foundation (PIEF)||Cert IV in Personal Injury Management (Return to Work)||2|
|Personal Injury Education Foundation (PIEF)||Cert IV in Personal Injury Management (Claims)||2|
|Personal Injury Education Foundation (PIEF)||Diploma of Personal Injury Management||4|
|Personal Injury Education Foundation (PIEF)||Graduate Certificate in Personal Injury Management||6|
|Personal Injury Education Foundation (PIEF)||Master of Personal Injury Management||8|
|Academy of Life Underwriting (ALU)||ALU101||2|
|Academy of Life Underwriting (ALU)||ALU201||2|
|Academy of Life Underwriting (ALU)||ALU202||2|
|Academy of Life Underwriting (ALU)||ALU301||2|
|ANZIIF||Cert IV in Life Insurance||2|
|ANZIIF||Diploma of Life Insurance||4|
|ANZIIF||Diploma of Personal Injury Management||4|
|ANZIIF||Diploma in Financial Planning or Risk Management||2|
|Chartered Ins Institute (CII)||Certificate in Insurance||2|
|Chartered Ins Institute (CII)||Diploma in Insurance||5|
|Chartered Ins Institute (CII)||Advanced Diploma in Insurance||8|
|Chartered Ins Institute (CII)||Fellowship||8|
|KAPLAN||Cert IV in Life Insurance - Underwriting||2|
|KAPLAN||Cert IV in Life Insurance - Claims||2|
|KAPLAN||Diploma in Financial Planning||2|
|University/TAFE||Master of Business Administration/Master of Commerce||8|
|University/TAFE||Bachelor of Medicine/Medical Practitioner||8|
|University/TAFE||Bachelor of Accounting/Actuarial/Law||8|
|University/TAFE||Bachelor Nursing/Registered Nurse||6|
|University/TAFE||Bachelor Dietetics, Occupation Therapy, Physiotherapy||6|
|University/TAFE||Bachelor of Business/Commerce with a Major in Insurance||6|
|University/TAFE||Bachelor of Psychology, Rehabilitation Counselling, Social Work etc||6|
|University/TAFE||Other Allied Health Bachelor Degree or Graduate Diploma||4|
|University/TAFE||Bachelor of Business/Commerce with NO Major in Insurance||4|
|University/TAFE||Unrelated Tertiary Education||2|