You can download a copy of the ALUCA Rules.
ALUCA has a large network of connected members who enjoy knowledge sharing. Members have compiled a number of links they thought would be valuable to fellow members. Please feel free to add comments below of any other links you think might be useful .
1. General Underwriting, Claims and Medical Sites
- Demography and Population Studies at the ANU Library of the Australian Demographic & Social Research Institute.
- ICD-10 Search for ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases) codes by impairment.
- Insureintell Established by Hank George Inc. and Kathleen McGrath, InsureIntell.com is a central repository for the best content the Web has to offer on “things insurance.”
- Internet Mental Health Site devoted to understanding, diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. Carries explanations of disorders, diagnoses and medications, and good links to mental health magazines around the world.
- Dr. Philip Smalley’s Insurance Medicine Web Site
- The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy Online version of this excellent reference guide from Merck & Co, the pharmaceuticals giant.
- US Census Bureau Statistics Links to statistical organisations worldwide.
- World Health Organization Access to WHO library, publications, health reports and links.
2. Medical Journals on-line
- Australian Family Physician
- eMJA – The Medical Journal of Australia (Electronic Version)
- Health A to Z Search over 50,000 professionally reviewed health & medical Internet resources
3. Other Journals On-Line
- On The Risk US-based journal of The Academy of Life Underwriting. Many links to underwriting resources.
- Health Information on the Internet A bimonthly newsletter from the Wellcome Trust and the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report Stories and articles on morbidity and mortality issues. Full archive and search facilities.
4. Medical Group-Related Sites
- American Academy of Insurance Medicine
- Academy of Insurance Medicine of Asia
- Canadian Life Insurance Medical Officers Association
- International Committee for Insurance Medicine
5. Insurance-Related Sites
- Australian New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Chartered Insurance Institute (UK)
- Canadian Institute of Underwriters
- Financial Ombudsman Service Limited
6. General Business Sites
7. Insurance News Sites
- Life health insurance news (Australia)
This is a free online bulletin for Australia’s life and health insurance industry.
- Insurance news.com.au (Australian)
They provide a free online news for Australia’s general insurance industry and the wider financial services community.