What are the professional development activities?
All professional development activities that earn ALUCA CPD points are relevant to life insurance industry. They are broadly defined as those that:
- Result in an improvement and broadening of life insurance (underwriting, claims or rehabilitation) technical and specialist knowledge and skill, and
- Impart the professional qualities (business competencies) needed throughout the career of life insurers in underwriting, claims or rehabilitation.
These activities can include professional reading, attending seminars, courses, workshops, conferences, webinars, writing/publishing a paper, developing/delivering and receiving training, and volunteering/participating in special industry groups specific to life insurance.
What are suitable CPD activities?
The list of suitable CPD activities is constantly being refined and updated. The latest list contains the following Professional Development Activities, and includes all of the following:
- ALUCA self-paced – that is, watched an ALUCA recorded webinar or attended a past ALUCA event
- Compulsory ALUCA Regulatory and Ethics webinar
- Professional Reading
- ALUCA Biennial Conference
- ALUCA mini conference-half or full day
- ALUCA course/workshop/seminar
- ALUCA Webinar
- Non ALUCA conference
- Non ALUCA course/workshop/seminar
- Non ALUCA webinar
- Developing/delivering paper published in a relevant journal
- Developing/delivering guest lecture
- Developing/delivering lecture to Tertiary students
- Developing/delivering in-house training
- Receiving in-house training
- Mentoring – receiving and giving
- Internet and face to face based learning with validated enrolment
- Professional development specific to career development and capability framework
- Participating in special interest group specific to Life Insurance
- Contribution/service to Life Insurance, including ALUCA Subgroup/Board
As a CPLI member, you are required to keep a record of your CPD activities. The CPD Logbook starts on 1 January each year and must be completed by 31 December of the same year.
The CPD Logbook is in the ALUCA Members Centre.
Annual random CPD audits will be undertaken so it is important that you keep a record of all your professional development activities. You can do this via the self-serve online CPD points tracking tool in ALUCA’s Member Centre.