What are the professional development activities?
All professional development activities that earn ALUCA CPD points are relevant to life insurance industry. They are broadly defined as those that:
- Result in an improvement and broadening of life insurance (underwriting, claims or rehabilitation) technical and specialist knowledge and skill, and
- Impart the professional qualities (business competencies) needed throughout the career of life insurers in underwriting, claims or rehabilitation.
These activities can include professional reading, attending seminars, courses, workshops, conferences, webinars, writing/publishing a paper, developing/delivering and receiving training, and volunteering/participating in special industry groups specific to life insurance.
What are suitable CPD activities?
The list of suitable CPD activities is constantly being refined and updated. The latest list contains the following Professional Development Activities, and includes all of the following:
- ALUCA self-paced – that is, watched an ALUCA recorded webinar or attended a past ALUCA event
- Compulsory ALUCA Regulatory and Ethics webinar
- Professional Reading
- ALUCA Biennial Conference
- ALUCA mini conference-half or full day
- ALUCA course/workshop/seminar
- ALUCA Webinar
- Non ALUCA conference
- Non ALUCA course/workshop/seminar
- Non ALUCA webinar
- Developing/delivering paper published in a relevant journal
- Developing/delivering guest lecture
- Developing/delivering lecture to Tertiary students
- Developing/delivering in-house training
- Receiving in-house training
- Mentoring – receiving and giving
- Internet and face to face based learning with validated enrolment
- Professional development specific to career development and capability framework
- Participating in special interest group specific to Life Insurance
- Contribution/service to Life Insurance, including ALUCA Subgroup/Board
CPD Content Guide – January to August 2021
ALUCA is committed to raising the professional standards of the life insurance industry through ALUCA’s education, CPLI accreditation and CPD activities.
This ALUCA CPD Content Guide depicts how many ALUCA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points have been offered from January – August 2021, by detailing all events, webinars and articles available across each of the key category competency areas. It provides an easy way for members to identify and remedy any gaps in their professional development progress for the year.
ALUCA CPLI accredited members are required to complete 40 hours of CPD each calendar year, with minimum hours across the 4 core competency areas. We encourage all ALUCA members to do this to ensure your skills, competencies and knowledge are up to date and relevant.
Want to catch up on any of ALUCA’s webinars or articles?
Recorded Webinars are available in the ALUCA Member’s portal.
Many insightful Articles can be found on ALUCA’s RiskeBusiness page.
Please note: a maximum of 10 CPD points can be allocated towards reading materials.
As a CPLI member, you are required to keep a record of your CPD activities. The CPD Logbook starts on 1 January each year and must be completed by 31 December of the same year.
The CPD Logbook is in the ALUCA Members Centre.
Annual random CPD audits will be undertaken so it is important that you keep a record of all your professional development activities. You can do this via the self-serve online CPD points tracking tool in ALUCA’s Member Centre.