ALUCA offers a robust CPLI accreditation framework, great seminars, events and a conference, and is in the process of developing formal educational courses.
The ALUCA Education Advisory Panel are working on building ALUCA-specific education programs designed to ensure members remain current and knowledgeable about the life insurance industry.
Watch this space!
In the meantime, below are some links to courses for members looking to expand their knowledge in claims or underwriting. Successful completion of any of these courses will complement your years of experience and personal competencies to help you achieve higher ALUCA membership levels.
New to career or considering career in claims and underwriting:
- Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Health Academy Australia
- Medical Terminology for Insurance Professionals
Life Insurance Courses
- ANZIIF – Cert IV in Financial Services – Life Insurance or ANZIIF – Diploma in Financial Services – Life Insurance
- Kaplan – Cert IV in Life Insurance Underwriting and Cert IV in Life Insurance Claims
- Open University – Risk, Insurance & Social Security
- Bachelor of business in insurance – Charles Sturt
Trainee Claims and Underwriters
For existing trainee claims assessors or trainee underwriters looking to advance to the next step in their career:
- Life Insurance & Personal Injury Management (PIM) or PIEF – Cert IV in PIM (Claims Management)
- CII (UK) – P62; Life Critical Illness & Disability Claims
Senior Claims and Underwriters
For those looking to move into a senior claims assessor or senior underwriter role here are some possible courses to consider:
Claims and Underwriting
- Open University – Undertake Case Management for Clients with Complex Needs
- Manage Rehabilitation or RTW Programs
- Uni of Sydney – Negotiations Skills course for Professionals
- Master of Management Personal Injury (Claims) (Post Graduate through Deakin)
- Upfront Communications
For Seniors looking to move to Principal level roles in claims or underwriting, here are some possible courses to consider:
- University of Wollongong – Bachelor of Mathematics and finance honours (Risk Management and Insurance)
- Griffith University – Bachelor of Mathematics and finance honours (Risk Management and Insurance)
- University of NSW (UNSW) – Master of Commerce with some Risk management modules