CPD Content Guide – 2023
ALUCA is committed to raising the professional standards of the life insurance industry through ALUCA’s education, CPLI accreditation and CPD activities.
This ALUCA CPD Content Guide depicts how many ALUCA Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points have been offered from January – December 2023, by detailing all events, webinars and articles available across each of the key category competency areas. It provides an easy way for members to identify and remedy any gaps in their professional development progress for the year.
ALUCA CPLI accredited members are required to complete 40 hours of CPD each calendar year, with minimum hours across the 4 core competency areas. We encourage all ALUCA members to do this to ensure your skills, competencies and knowledge are up to date and relevant.
CPD Content Guide – January to September 2023
Want to catch up on any of ALUCA’s webinars or articles?
Recorded Webinars are available in the ALUCA Member’s portal.
Many insightful Articles can be found on ALUCA’s RiskeBusiness page.
Please note: a maximum of 10 CPD points can be allocated towards reading materials.
All professional development activities that earn ALUCA CPD points are relevant to life insurance industry and cover one of the 5 CPD categories which link to the ALUCA Life Insurance Competency Framework.
They are broadly defined as those that:
- Result in an improvement and broadening of life insurance (underwriting, claims or rehabilitation) technical and specialist knowledge and skill, and
- Impart the professional qualities (business competencies) needed throughout the career of life insurers in underwriting, claims or rehabilitation.
These activities can include professional reading, attending seminars, courses, workshops, conferences, webinars, writing/publishing a paper, developing/delivering and receiving training, and volunteering/participating in special industry groups specific to life insurance.
- 1 hour of effort generally equals 1 CPD point
- Minimum of 40 CPD points per year to maintain CPLI accreditation
- The 40 CPD points must cover the 5 ALUCA CPD categories and meet the minimum requirements of each category
- All CPLI members must watch and pass an annual ALUCA mandatory Regulatory & Ethics Webinar worth 5 CPD points