ALUCA has a large network of connected members who enjoy knowledge sharing. Members have compiled several links they thought would be valuable to fellow members.
Please feel free to add further suggestions via the ALUCA Secretariat: email@example.com
1. General, Underwriting, Claims and Medical Sites
- Demography and Population Studies at the ANU Library of the Australian Demographic & Social Research Institute.
- ICD-10 Search for ICD-10 (International Classification of Diseases) codes by impairment.
- Insureintell: established by Hank George Inc. and Kathleen McGrath, InsureIntell.com is a central repository for the best content the Web has to offer on “things insurance.”
- Internet Mental Health: site devoted to understanding, diagnosis and treatment of mental illness. Carries explanations of disorders, diagnoses and medications, and good links to mental health magazines around the world.
- Dr. Philip Smalley’s Insurance Medicine Web Site
- The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy: online version of this excellent reference guide from Merck & Co, the pharmaceuticals giant.
- US Census Bureau Statistics: links to statistical organisations worldwide.
- World Health Organization: access to WHO library, publications, health reports and links.
2. Medical Journals online
- Australian Family Physician
- eMJA – The Medical Journal of Australia (Electronic Version)
- Health A to Z: search over 50,000 professionally reviewed health & medical Internet resources
3. Other online journals
- On The Risk: US-based journal of The Academy of Life Underwriting. Many links to underwriting resources.
- Health Information on the Internet: a bimonthly newsletter from the Wellcome Trust and the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: stories and articles on morbidity and mortality issues. Full archive and search facilities.
4. Medical group-related sites
- American Academy of Insurance Medicine
- Academy of Insurance Medicine of Asia
- Canadian Life Insurance Medical Officers Association
- International Committee for Insurance Medicine
5. Insurance-related sites
- Australian New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance
- Chartered Insurance Institute (UK)
- Canadian Institute of Underwriters
- Financial Ombudsman Service Limited
6. General business sites
7. Insurance news sites
- Life health insurance news (Australia): this is a free online bulletin for Australia’s life and health insurance industry.
- Insurance News (Austrlaia): they provide a free online news for Australia’s general insurance industry and the wider financial services community.