The Certified Professional Life Insurance (CPLI) is a professional accreditation for ALUCA members with life insurance industry experience, knowledge and expertise.
The CPLI program strengthens careers, and the industry’s reputation, by providing an objective means for distinguishing those who have met recognised professional standards and are committed to continuous professional development.
Whether you’re starting out or want recognition for your life insurance career achievements so far, an ALUCA CPLI membership will demonstrate your capabilities and commitment.
Benefits of an ALUCA CPLI membership
Accredited ALUCA CPLI members are able use the CPLI post-nominals: Jane Smith, Assoc CPLI (ALUCA). The benefits of being recognised as an accredited CPLI member include:
- Objective evidence of underwriters, claims and rehabilitation professionals’ relevant industry experience, expertise, and education
- Provides a best-practice roadmap for skills and career development through our Continuous Professional Development (CPD) program
- Provides access to the latest industry insight and learning, ensuring CPLI members are equipped for their role, now and in the future
- Shows that you meet the high-level requirements of the ALUCA Life Insurance Competency Framework
Who can be an accredited ALUCA CPLI member?
To be considered for an ALUCA CPLI membership, you must:
- Be an ALUCA member
- Be a life insurance professional: this includes underwriters, claims managers/assessors and rehabilitation advisor members
- Have at least 2+ years life insurance industry experience
- Have a minimum level of education qualifications
Note: you can still join ALUCA as an ordinary member if you do not have life insurance industry experience
Maintaining your CPLI with CPD points
All CPLI members MUST be able to demonstrate they are keeping their technical skills and knowledge updated via gaining a minimum of 40 CPD points in the calendar year. CPD points are granted to completion of short courses and ongoing education.
CPLI members must also abide by ALUCA’s Code of Ethics and FSC’s Code of Practice. It is also mandatory to attend/view an annual ALUCA webinar regarding regulatory requirements and/or ethics.
ALUCA Life Insurance Competency Framework
The ALUCA CPLI accreditation is anchored by the ALUCA Life Insurance Competency Framework. This high-level, best practice framework underpins the CPLI and CPD programs, and provides articulates the competencies required at each level of Underwriting, Claims and Rehabilitation roles to the benefit of employers, employees and the industry.